Immune Boosting Pumpkin Curry Soup
This immune boosting Pumpkin Curry Soup is spicy, rich, and warm and loaded with good for you ingredients that help strengthen your immune system. Pumpkin, turmeric, ginger, almonds, onions, and garlic are loaded with nutrients, antioxidants, and flavonoids that support your health. Quick and easy to make, this soup will warm you from the inside, all while being low carb and keto-friendly! Perfect for a cold day or when you are feeling in need of a nourishing boost.
The Immune Boosting Ingredients
- Pumpkin – This favorite fall fruit (yes, it’s a fruit!) is high in vitamins A and C which can help boost your immune system. It also has high amounts of Vitamin E, Iron, and Folate which can also strengthen your immunity.
- Turmeric – Turmeric is a workhorse of an ingredient. In addition to turmeric’s anti-inflammatory and cancer fighting benefits, it also has antiseptic, antibacterial, and analgesic (pain relieving) properties. But more importantly here, it naturally stimulates the immune system.
- Garlic – Garlic contains high amounts of Calcium, Potassium, and about 100 sulfuric compounds which give it it’s distinctive taste and smell. These sulfuric compounds have been shown to boost the disease-fighting response of white blood cells, to combat the viruses that cause the common cold or flu.
- Onions – High in immune-boosting nutrients like Vitamin C, Zinc, and Selenium, onions also contain sulfuric compounds like garlic. They are also high in Quercitin, a flavonoid and antioxidant with antiviral properties and histamine regulating effects.
- Almonds – Almonds are high in Vitamin E and healthy fats which are key for strong immunity. Vitamin E is often overlooked as Vitamin C is a go-to in cold and flu season, but it has been shown to improve immune response as we age.
- Greek Yogurt – Packed with probiotics, vitamins, and minerals, yogurt is one of the best ingredients for your gut health. Did you know that about 70% of your immune system is in your gut? It plays a key role in your immune response. Yogurt is also high in Vitamin D, which has been shown to prevent illnesses like the common cold.
An impressive lineup of natural foods which naturally boost your immune system! This soup combines the benefits of these into a delicious, warming, and nourishing meal.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Diced a large yellow onion, add to pot, and cook until translucent.
- Add the curry powder and stir to coat the onion. Continue to cook until the curry is fragrant.
- Next, add the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, sugar, salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Stir to combine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- At this point, taste the soup to see if the curry is hot enough for you. Add more if it needs more heat. This is a warming, back of the throat kind of heat. Add more salt as well if you need.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer for another 5 minutes. (This is one of those recipes that can be simmering in the background for longer and will be all the better for it, just don’t let it reduce too much. Add some more stock if need be.)
- Next, add the minced fresh garlic, fresh ginger, and almond butter. Stir to incorporate and simmer for another 5 minutes. If the soup is too thick for your liking, add in more stock.
- Serve in bowls topped with a generous dollop of whole Greek yogurt, almonds, and a good grind of fresh black pepper.
This Immune Boosting Pumpkin Curry Soup is delicious, thick, and warming – perfect for a cold night, or when you are in need of nourishing. It is packed with nutrients that feed your body and stimulate your immune system. Pair it with a big glass of water, a good night’s sleep, and if you’re really feeling under the weather, my favorite supplement when I feel a cold coming on.
If you make this immune boosting Pumpkin Curry soup be sure to leave a comment below. I’d love to hear from you. And if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram, I’d love to see!
How To Make: Immune Boosting Pumpkin Curry Soup
|2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, or Ghee Whichever you prefer to cook with.|
|1 Large Onion, Diced|
|1 Tbsp. Hot Curry Powder Or more to taste|
|2 Cans Pumpkin|
|1 Can Coconut Milk, Full Fat|
|1 Tsp. Sea Salt|
|Freshly Ground Black Pepper|
|2 Tsp. Sugar Or Sugar Alternative Use sugar alternative for a keto diet.|
|8 Ounces Vegetable Stock More to thin if needed|
|3 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Minced|
|1 Tbsp. Freshly Grated Ginger|
|3 Tbsp. Almond Butter|
|Whole Greek Yogurt|
|Toasted Slivered Almonds|