Keto Scottish Shortbread
This Keto Scottish Shortbread recipe creates a rich, salty, sweet shortbread that is the perfect mix of crumbly and firm. The recipe is from Carolyn Ketchum’s cookbook The Ultimate Guide To Keto Baking.
- Author: Joanna Revers
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Preheat oven to 300°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Put almond flour, sweetener, and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add chunks of butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add water and vanilla bean paste and mix until mixture forms a large ball.
- Take the ring from a 9″ springform pan and place on prepared cookie sheet. Put dough inside and press firmly and evenly to create a circle.
- Remove ring and slice into 16 wedges with a sharp knife. Do not separate.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven, recut lines, and separate the wedges on baking sheet.
- Turn off oven and prop the door open. Return shortbread to oven to firm up for about 10-20 minutes. Make sure they do not brown too quickly.
- Let cool completely and enjoy!
Keywords: cookies, keto baking, shortbread